Chemport Europe is the incubator for green chemistry. It meets all the conditions that enable the sustainable chemistry of the future to develop and flourish.
Chemport Europe offers a dynamic ecosystem for companies committed to a greener chemical sector. Bordering the North Sea, Chemical Cluster Delfzijl has direct access to sea, inland shipping, the motorway infrastructure of Northwest Europe, and railroad. The Eemsdelta owes this strong position in part to its location in a rural setting, the presence of two seaports, and relevant knowledge institutes with a Nobel Prize winner for Chemistry in 2017. Moreover, the production and landing of a large amount of green electricity and green raw products are all integra- ted into this integrated chemical cluster.
With a green energy mix provided by wind turbines, biomass, solar panels and hydropower, and the opportunities offered by the agricultural hinterland, Chemical Cluster Delfzijl is the best biobased location in Northwest Europe.
Facts & Figures
- Green energy power mix from biomass, wind turbines, solar panels or hydro power
- Sustainable energy (steam and electricity)
- chlorine, hydrogen, industrial water, nitrogen, steam
- 15% of all output of chemical industries in the Netherlands comes from Chemport Europe
- Total capacity of 8,000 MW of electrical power available
- Largest onshore Dutch wind farm (300+ MW)
- Largest Dutch solar park (30 MW)
- Greenfield business locations (418 hectares)
- Multimodal accessibility; congestion free port and hinterland
- Mild climate